There are a number of ways you can get involved with the work and ministries of Compton Heights Christian Church:
Volunteer on Sunday Mornings
The Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) has a strong tradition of lay leadership. There are a number of opportunities each Sunday to help lead and support Sunday morning worship.
Join a Ministry Group
Much of the planning and programming for our congregation happens in ministry groups. Ministry groups meet every other month on the first Monday of month. If you have an idea for ministry or would like to be part of a ministry group, please fill out the contact form at the bottom of this page.
- Congregational Care and Communication
- creates content for website, newsletter, signage, brochures
- plans congregational life events, celebrations, meals, social events
- oversees the presentation of the church building and property – maintenance of house and grounds
- Faith Sharing and Teaching
- leads congregation in faith development through worship, Sunday School, special studies
- creates opportunities to model our faith – such planning our booth at Pridefest and Happy Friday
- Stewardship, Mission and Outreach
- nurtures financial stewardship within the congregation
- educates the congregation regarding outreach ministries and plans and leads congregational outreach locally, denominationally and globally – such as coordinating school supplies for Isaiah 58 Ministries and hygiene kits for Week of Compassion
Help keep Sanctuary clean
We rely on volunteers to keep our building and worship space clean. Sign up to volunteer to help clean the Sanctuary.
Volunteer with Isaiah 58 Ministries
In 1970, Compton Heights Christian Church with 3 other area churches founded Isaiah 58 Ministries, then known as the Four Church Association. Isaiah 58 is an independent social service agency established to meet the needs of low-income individuals in our community through direct services including a food pantry, clothing closet, and utility assistance. There are many opportunities for people to volunteer to support the work of Isaiah 58, including: working in the food pantry, sorting and organizing items in the thrift store, assisting the office manager with mailings, teaching/leading classes and workshops and being a youth sponsor.
Compton Heights Christian Church relies on financial gifts to make our ministries possible. Please visit our Donate page for ways you can support Compton financially. If you are interested in information about how to include Compton Heights Christian Church in your will our trust, please fill out the contact form at the bottom of this page.